Thursday 1 March 2012

Surgery with Mark Howe

After a one to one discussion with Mark Howe I feel I have a more defined sense of direction in regards to my current skate branding brief. In order for me to get the most out of the brief itself I need to take my 'blinkers' off and brainstorm as many possibilities as humanly possible. This is a problem I have always been aware of, rather than generating a range of ideas and avenues to explore I tend to stick with the first idea that I come across. I focus too heavily on creating fully resolved, and aesthetically pleasing, final compositions. This is actually more of a hindrance than a help and something that needs to be resolved as quickly as possible. Therefore I am willing to take a step back and experiment further, and hopefully the seventh idea I come across will be a lot better than the first. Another suggestion from Mark, especially in regards to my film zine, was to start using placeholder imagery. It will help communicate my ideas to an audience whilst in development and simultaneously act as personal inspiration. That is the purpose behind the image shown here. It displays my intentions of using overlays with black and white film imagery. However it is not necessarily the absolute final compositional decision. This is another practice that I will continue to use to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment