Thursday 3 May 2012

Working on Web Layout

Today I decided to attempt using After Effects to try and communicate how my intended Splendor Pelicula webpage would function. It's the first time I've used the programme in a long, long time. And after my previous failed attempts at creating moving animations I was incredibly apprehensive. However, I came to the realisation that my proposed web page designs would not be enough on their own, I would need some sort of method of communicating how people would interact with the designs. So I kept it simple and just decided to tackle the home page for the website.

My intended animation combines all the different aspects that span across my film zine inspired brief. These include the three pastel colours; pink, blue and green, the typeface Cubano, and the hexagonal shape. I think the animation itself is simple but effective. There is no mistaking it for anything else, it's a clear extension of my physical deliverables for the brief and I hope is successful in clearly outlining the three different genres of film I have worked with.

Obviously I will experiment with a few more compositions, and perhaps come up with a more fluid movement of the cursor and the way in which the bottom icons appear. But for the time being I have had a pleasant experience with the software I was once terrified of, and am content to alter the animation at a slightly later date. Though not much later as I may forget how to use After Effects again. Below is a screen shot of the window I was working with, and as you can see all the assets are neatly organised, cutting down the levels of stress for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment