Tuesday 29 May 2012

Evaluation: Sitcom Standards

Another illustratively driven brief, this one encouraged my hand rendering skills. I had always been slightly apprehensive about using my hand drawn illustrations within my work before. I had no confidence with them, and as if people would look down at me if they did not the style. I realised I would need to get over this fact if I was going to fully explore the idea of my becoming an illustrator. I needed to explore illustration in all senses of the word.

With my Splendor Pelicula brief I was working with computer rendered, black line icon illustrations and with my skate branding brief I was working with rounded, colourful, computer vectorised illustrations. This brief was designed to help me develop my hand drawings abilities, with an obvious digital inclusion at the end of the drawing process. It also helped improve my character depiction.

I chose the subject matter mostly because I had dealt with film in an earlier brief and was therefore left with the television option. I could have left it out of this module, but figured if I was to be seen as seriously interested in representing popular culture I would need to include it. Also, I had been watching a lot of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia to get me through my other briefs. I guess the zany characters seeped into my subconscious and I felt it necessary to depict them in any way that I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment