Monday 5 March 2012

Power Typeface

From the Designer
_______________________________________________________________________________


Artwork I did recently. I've wanted to do this piece for a long time, pretty much ever since I heard the song which I consider as Kanye's best purely because of what it stands for. I tried to incorporate everything power stood for including the handmade font to symbolize old withered gold, and added some visuals from the video etc. and some ancient civilizations influence. "I've seen people use power abuse power misuse and then lose power". The reason why all civilizations eventually collapse, POWER.

Visually I knew to represent Power was not an easy feat. What Power meant to a Pharaoh or an Aztec king. To really understand Power you must go back the dawns of civilization and see where it all came from in the earliest of cultures. So I began looking at old typefaces the first ever languages and noticed the forms and structures and how they in themselves symbolized power in their history and influence. What is Power? Is it a million people bowing at your feet and your name being remembered forever? Or is it knowing yourself and what your own capabilities are and how to use them to your best ability?



No comments:

Post a Comment